Mineral Resources (MinRes) was planning to ramp up its iron ore export capacity in Western Australia (WA) to 92mn t/yr over the next 3-5 years. The new supply chain through South-West Creek and Onslow was to provide a new pathway to markets and add a further 25mn t/yr through trans-shipping ore from the Pilbara town of Onslow.
Scope of Work
Our scope of work comprised of the preliminary design associated with the concrete works.
- Storage shed
- Unloading shed
- Concrete tunnel
- Tank farm
- Transfer stations and take-up towers
- Land conveyors, conveyor trestles and pulley frames
- Equipment footings including dust extraction and suppression
Other key Yenem activities included:
- Provide a dedicated and capable engineer who will be your primary point of contact during the project
- An initial discussion with the client, within two workdays from receipt of PO, to understand their most important outcomes and expectations
- Provide a project plan, issued within two workdays following the meeting, with the proposed schedule and milestones.
- Oversight by our Director and/or Principal Structural Engineer to ensure the plan remains on track
- Ensure calculations and models required meet the requirements of relevant Australian Standards, Acts & Regulations
- Review of the work by a senior structural engineer to ensure the work is accurate and meets the project requirements
- Timely correspondence via email, sketches, red-line mark-ups as appropriate to ensure works meet project expectations
- Deliverables initially issued for your approval prior to finalisation
- Unlimited revisions of the deliverables to ensure your full satisfaction
- Stamp and sign PDF copies of all the final deliverables