Construction at South Flank began in July 2018, the mine was already producing ore even though it was partially complete. Once opened, it was to become the largest processing facility in Western Australia.
BHP was looking to design a cover plate with inspection access doors for the course ore stockpile (COS) hopper. The cover plate was to located on the top of the COS hopper, and prevented hazards from falling objects during maintenance.
Yenem was engaged by BHT to provide the design of the COS cover plate and ensure code compliance.
Scope of Work
Our scope of work comprised of all the work associated with structural design of the the coarse ore stockpile:
Other key Yenem activities:
- Lifting studies
- Provide a calculation summary report
- Check IRCP documents
- Provide a dedicated and capable engineer who will be the primary point of contact during the project.
- An initial discussion with the client to their desired outcomes and expectations for the project.
- Provide a project plan, that was to be issued within two workdays following the discussion with the client with the proposed schedule and milestones.
- Provide our client with calculations and models as required and ensure that all structural items meet the requirements of relevant Australian Standards, Acts & Regulations
- Provide 3D models with STP file output
- Review of the work by a senior structural engineer to ensure the work is accurate and meets the project requirements
- Timely correspondence via email, sketches, red-line mark-ups as appropriate to ensure works meet project expectations.
- Unlimited revisions of the deliverables items to ensure our client is fully satisfied
- Stamp and sign off PDF copies of the final deliverables.